Thursday, August 8, 2013
Just to recap, M and I moved in together in April of 2011. I got fired from my job about two months later. We went to Italy on a family vacation (with my family) for two weeks. When we got home we then headed to South Caroline with his family for a few days. I started working at the health club that I had been doing part time work at full time as the administrator. My sister announced she was pregnant (yay!!). My other sister announced she was going to stay in Italy for her senior year of college. I think that about catches us up on the major things....
Here we go....
November 2011- M asked me to marry him! I said yes! Okay, they story isn't as quick as that. He called me during the day asking if I wanted to go out for dinner since he had just had a very successful job interview and he wanted to celebrate (little did I know he had just picked up the ring and didn't want it to sit too long). I went along thinking this was a dinner for him. So much so that at dinner I apologized for putting pressure on him about getting married. You see, my sister in Italy was coming home in January for a week and I had always wanted to go dress shopping with both of my sisters and I honestly didn't know when she would be back after that trip. He told me no to worry and that he was ready to get married. I apologized again and told him I could wait. He assured me he was ready and even as he was getting up from the table and getting down on one knee, I didn't quite realize what was happening. I know he asked, and I know I said yes. I just don't know what he said. And it took me a few minutes to realize that the ring he had been holding was for me! I was so excited, the whole restaurant clapped, the table next to us sent over champagne and it was just a beautiful night. Needless to say, as soon as we got in the car phone calls were made to all of the parents (who were expecting it since M had asked permission of my parents earlier that week).
One other funny side note to this story is that once I was a bit more calm, M informed me that we already had a wedding date and venue. Since my parents knew I would say yes, they started the planning to make sure we would have a fall wedding just like I wanted!
January 2012- I found my dress! Just like I had always wanted, my mother and two sisters went with me dress shopping down in Florida to the same store my sister had such great luck in. We saw so many beautiful dresses! I had an idea of what I wanted, something a little different not strapless and not too much going on. Lo and behold my youngest sister picks a dress and says "This is yours" and she was right. I cried before I even put it on! And once I did try it on, it was perfect. Even though I tried some other dresses on after it, I always came back to my dress!
April 2012- I became an aunt!! My sister and her husband welcomed the most beautiful baby girl into the world. It makes me sad that we don't live closer so that I could see her more often. But I have already called dibs on taking her to her first ballet and Broadway show!
September/October 2012- Two bridal showers! One in Miami and one in New Jersey. They were both so lovely and many thanks to all of the ladies who took part in putting them together. And a special thanks to all of my friends who came!!
November 10, 2012- M and I got married!!! I don't think I can say enough about the wedding, it was beautiful and everything I could have imagined. The food was great, the band totally rocked, and everyone had a great time! But most importantly...I married M. The ceremony was so special, it was performed by my dad's best friend from high school who is an amazing Rabbi. We used Kiddush cups that had belong to M's grandfather and were wrapped in a tallit that my grandfather used to wear every year for Rosh Hashana. I could not have asked for a better day.
May 2013- HONEYMOON!! M and I left for three weeks. We first went on a two week cruise of the Mediterranean, including Italy, Greece, and Turkey! We then flew for a week to Israel so M could meet my grandparents who were unable to come to the wedding. The whole trip was magical. And I have to say, as M had never been cruising before, I think now he would cruise all of the time!
So I think that is a pretty good catch up. There are more little details here and there, but I think you get the overall picture of where we are now.
I guess now the question is...what do I rename this blog? Little Match Girl just won't do....I found my match!
Monday, July 29, 2013
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I know I have been remiss in blogging again, and I promise to try to do better! I was actually let go from my job two weeks ago and have been trying to figure out the next step for me. So, needless to say blogging has not really been on my mind. I know I have to update about the move with "M" and obviously I'll blog about Italy...so be patient because I will be back!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Once we arrived (at 5 AM Ireland time) it was off to the town of Adare and the Adare Manor where we would be staying. We were staying in private villas on the property and not in the Manor itself, but that worked out well as we all got our own rooms and had a kitchen to make breakfast and tea each morning. We had some breakfast in the clubhouse and headed off to explore the area. It was really a day for people to get some rest, contact home, and unpack once we got to our villas. That night we headed into the quaint town of Adare and I had my first taste of Irish food and drink, Shepard's Pie and Guinness!
Monday, March 21, 2011
- "M" and I have a wedding to go to on March 27th. That really isn't a big deal and the couple are wonderful so I am looking forward to it. I even switched around my weekend work schedule (yes, I work a second job to barely make ends meet) so that I don't lose out on pay and can still go to the wedding.
- "M" found someone to take over his lease and has to be out of his apartment by April 1st. That means he has to put all of his stuff into storage until we can move into our new place. And we will be living together until then in my studio. That really isn't too bad since we practically are there all of the time anyway.
- We are leaving on April 3rd for Ireland for a week! That means that literally three days after "M" moves in with me, we are leaving. We found a family friend to watch Poppy and will be celebrating St. Patrick's day just a little bit late.
- We arrive back on April 10th, which is one of my best friend's birthdays!! So I'm pretty happy I will be back for that, whatever she has planned (even though I may be a bit jet lagged).
- April 13th, "M" just got call in for jury duty. Awesome.
- April 15th, move in day. Which means that after being home from Ireland, I have pretty much no time to pack everything up from my place and arrange the move into our new apartment!
- April 18th Passover begins, which actually may a good thing, our kitchen will be kosher for Passover because there won't really be anything in it! But having a major holiday right after moving is a lot to handle. The other thing about Passover is that my boss has now decided we will be closed (without pay) for the majority of the holiday. So I will be trying to get extra hours at my second job while trying to unpack and organize the apartment.
I think that is just about everything. There are little things here and there that are stressing me out, like "M"'s mom asking if when her cousin is in town on April 17th if we would want to have him over (answer....no). Cancelling cable, electric and everything else at our old places and setting up all of that at our new place. Getting renter's insurance and finding a mover that isn't going to break the bank. Don't get me wrong, I could not be more excited to move in with "M" it is just that the amount of things that need to get done between now and then seem impossible.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
That said, I have applied to many jobs over the past year or so only be rejected over and over again. I have expanded my ideas of what kinds of jobs to apply for, even applying to go back into classroom teaching (which is where I was before I went to grad school). I have been rejected for being too young, too experienced, and sometimes not given a reason at all. I won't lie, it is a bit like the dating scene all over again! I have called many colleagues and friends to ask for help. Words really cannot express how unhappy I am here. I feel like I have failed in my chosen field and that makes it even worse.
(Speaking of which, if anyone has any leads for jobs...I'll consider anything!!!)
Thursday, March 3, 2011
- This past weekend I ran a conference for area educators for work. I think it was a success and I was really happy "M" got to come and see a bit of what I do. It is really the one day out of the year that I enjoy what I do and I wish I worked in a place that was more supportive. So needless to say work stuff has not changed and I will continue to look for new opportunities. Also, it is eighty degrees in my office today! UGH!
- "M" and I signed the lease and are ready to move on April 15th and I can't believe it! I keep looking around my apartment trying to figure out what I am bringing and what needs to be trashed or sold (same for "M") and there is so much to do! I get stressed just thinking about it.
- Before we even move though, "M" and I are going to Ireland! One month from today we are leaving with a group of people to head over to Shannon, Ireland for one week. I can't believe it, and I am so excited! I am still trying to figure out what to do with Poppy. I have some family friends that had offered to watch her, but I have not heard back from them. So I have to some up with another option that isn't too expensive.
- "M" has been gone all week at a conference in Florida (yes I am jealous) and I miss him very much. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to not hear the snoring and I am so excited for dinner tonight with one of my girlfriends, but I miss him. I am excited for him to come home, even though both of our schedules are so hectic that we'll only get a little bit of time together over the next few days.
Okay, I think that is all I can come up with at the moment. I think my brain may (literally) be fried!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
One of my very good friends asked me today how I feel about the whole thing and my answer was that it all just feels right. It is totally possible that come closer to the date I will freak out a bit. Who likes moving regardless of the situation? I hate moving! It takes so much time, money, and work, but in the end I know it will be worth it. Living with "M" just seems like it was meant to happen and I am so excited for everything we do and will do together!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
I rushed home from work because I needed to have enough time to change and take care of Poppy. I was in the bathroom putting the finishing touches on my look when "M" walked into the apartment. I told him to wait by the front door till I was ready and when he saw me for the first time he told me I looked just beautiful (and I felt it). He saw my gift on the table and asked if he should open it, I told him to go for it. He loved his t-shirt, candy, and tickets to a food event. He then handed me a card and a dozen red roses that had been sitting on the kitchen counter that I never even noticed were there! The card was very sweet and all about our firsts, our first date, our first kiss and now our first Valentine's Day.
We then headed out to the train and I still had no idea where we were going! We hopped out of the subway and started walking and when we finally got to our destination I was so surprised! We were at Nobu for a special Valentine's Day seven course tasting menu. All I can say is....amazing! The food was just incredible and like nothing I have ever eaten before (and bonus, they had my favorite wine on the menu)! But what made the night memorable was really "M" and the way he looked at me, the way he held my hand across the table and told all about how he feels about me. While I won't tell you everything he said, let me just say that I felt so special and like we were the only table in the whole place.
I am sure that "M" and I will have many more Valentine's together, but I will always remember this first.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Plus, I can't wait to tell you all what we wind up doing!!