Wednesday, June 22, 2011
I know I have been remiss in blogging again, and I promise to try to do better! I was actually let go from my job two weeks ago and have been trying to figure out the next step for me. So, needless to say blogging has not really been on my mind. I know I have to update about the move with "M" and obviously I'll blog about Italy...so be patient because I will be back!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
Once we arrived (at 5 AM Ireland time) it was off to the town of Adare and the Adare Manor where we would be staying. We were staying in private villas on the property and not in the Manor itself, but that worked out well as we all got our own rooms and had a kitchen to make breakfast and tea each morning. We had some breakfast in the clubhouse and headed off to explore the area. It was really a day for people to get some rest, contact home, and unpack once we got to our villas. That night we headed into the quaint town of Adare and I had my first taste of Irish food and drink, Shepard's Pie and Guinness!
Monday, March 21, 2011
- "M" and I have a wedding to go to on March 27th. That really isn't a big deal and the couple are wonderful so I am looking forward to it. I even switched around my weekend work schedule (yes, I work a second job to barely make ends meet) so that I don't lose out on pay and can still go to the wedding.
- "M" found someone to take over his lease and has to be out of his apartment by April 1st. That means he has to put all of his stuff into storage until we can move into our new place. And we will be living together until then in my studio. That really isn't too bad since we practically are there all of the time anyway.
- We are leaving on April 3rd for Ireland for a week! That means that literally three days after "M" moves in with me, we are leaving. We found a family friend to watch Poppy and will be celebrating St. Patrick's day just a little bit late.
- We arrive back on April 10th, which is one of my best friend's birthdays!! So I'm pretty happy I will be back for that, whatever she has planned (even though I may be a bit jet lagged).
- April 13th, "M" just got call in for jury duty. Awesome.
- April 15th, move in day. Which means that after being home from Ireland, I have pretty much no time to pack everything up from my place and arrange the move into our new apartment!
- April 18th Passover begins, which actually may a good thing, our kitchen will be kosher for Passover because there won't really be anything in it! But having a major holiday right after moving is a lot to handle. The other thing about Passover is that my boss has now decided we will be closed (without pay) for the majority of the holiday. So I will be trying to get extra hours at my second job while trying to unpack and organize the apartment.
I think that is just about everything. There are little things here and there that are stressing me out, like "M"'s mom asking if when her cousin is in town on April 17th if we would want to have him over (answer....no). Cancelling cable, electric and everything else at our old places and setting up all of that at our new place. Getting renter's insurance and finding a mover that isn't going to break the bank. Don't get me wrong, I could not be more excited to move in with "M" it is just that the amount of things that need to get done between now and then seem impossible.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
That said, I have applied to many jobs over the past year or so only be rejected over and over again. I have expanded my ideas of what kinds of jobs to apply for, even applying to go back into classroom teaching (which is where I was before I went to grad school). I have been rejected for being too young, too experienced, and sometimes not given a reason at all. I won't lie, it is a bit like the dating scene all over again! I have called many colleagues and friends to ask for help. Words really cannot express how unhappy I am here. I feel like I have failed in my chosen field and that makes it even worse.
(Speaking of which, if anyone has any leads for jobs...I'll consider anything!!!)
Thursday, March 3, 2011
- This past weekend I ran a conference for area educators for work. I think it was a success and I was really happy "M" got to come and see a bit of what I do. It is really the one day out of the year that I enjoy what I do and I wish I worked in a place that was more supportive. So needless to say work stuff has not changed and I will continue to look for new opportunities. Also, it is eighty degrees in my office today! UGH!
- "M" and I signed the lease and are ready to move on April 15th and I can't believe it! I keep looking around my apartment trying to figure out what I am bringing and what needs to be trashed or sold (same for "M") and there is so much to do! I get stressed just thinking about it.
- Before we even move though, "M" and I are going to Ireland! One month from today we are leaving with a group of people to head over to Shannon, Ireland for one week. I can't believe it, and I am so excited! I am still trying to figure out what to do with Poppy. I have some family friends that had offered to watch her, but I have not heard back from them. So I have to some up with another option that isn't too expensive.
- "M" has been gone all week at a conference in Florida (yes I am jealous) and I miss him very much. Don't get me wrong, it is nice to not hear the snoring and I am so excited for dinner tonight with one of my girlfriends, but I miss him. I am excited for him to come home, even though both of our schedules are so hectic that we'll only get a little bit of time together over the next few days.
Okay, I think that is all I can come up with at the moment. I think my brain may (literally) be fried!
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
One of my very good friends asked me today how I feel about the whole thing and my answer was that it all just feels right. It is totally possible that come closer to the date I will freak out a bit. Who likes moving regardless of the situation? I hate moving! It takes so much time, money, and work, but in the end I know it will be worth it. Living with "M" just seems like it was meant to happen and I am so excited for everything we do and will do together!
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
I rushed home from work because I needed to have enough time to change and take care of Poppy. I was in the bathroom putting the finishing touches on my look when "M" walked into the apartment. I told him to wait by the front door till I was ready and when he saw me for the first time he told me I looked just beautiful (and I felt it). He saw my gift on the table and asked if he should open it, I told him to go for it. He loved his t-shirt, candy, and tickets to a food event. He then handed me a card and a dozen red roses that had been sitting on the kitchen counter that I never even noticed were there! The card was very sweet and all about our firsts, our first date, our first kiss and now our first Valentine's Day.
We then headed out to the train and I still had no idea where we were going! We hopped out of the subway and started walking and when we finally got to our destination I was so surprised! We were at Nobu for a special Valentine's Day seven course tasting menu. All I can say is....amazing! The food was just incredible and like nothing I have ever eaten before (and bonus, they had my favorite wine on the menu)! But what made the night memorable was really "M" and the way he looked at me, the way he held my hand across the table and told all about how he feels about me. While I won't tell you everything he said, let me just say that I felt so special and like we were the only table in the whole place.
I am sure that "M" and I will have many more Valentine's together, but I will always remember this first.
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Plus, I can't wait to tell you all what we wind up doing!!
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Thanks so much for a wonderful night ladies!
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
First off, I went to Boston for Christmas, now begin the nice Jewish Girl I am, I lit my Hannukah candles at the beginning of December and then headed towards the tree and stockings by December 25th! By best friend and accomplice along with her family are always so kind in inviting me every year to spend the holidays with them (in fact this year was our tenth anniversary!). It was really a beautiful Christmas although a little sad because it was the last one in her family home as they are moving to a new house. I know we will all miss Christmas and so many other fun parties at the Marina, but there will be new memories to be made!
M did not come with me to Boston, he stayed home and watched Poppy for me which was so nice. I would have loved for him to be there but it just didn't work out. Hopefully next year we will both (with Poppy too) be able to head to beantown! After presents, chowder, and a few games of scrabble my accomplice and I headed back into the city to her apartment. We lounged around and ate too much sushi while she kicked my butt at a few more games of scrabble. And while I was planning to head back to NYC on Monday, Mother Nature had other plans and I stayed in Boston an extra day. It was not a big deal although getting back to NY proved to be a bit of a hassle and once I got back I didn't want to stay (soooo much snow!).
M and I spent the next couple of days getting stuff together before leaving for Miami on January 1st! We spent a nice quiet New Year's Eve with some friends of his and woke up at 4 am to head to the airport. We spent the next week in Miami staying with my parents and just having a great time! M fit so well with my family and I know they all really liked him. It was really just so wonderful to spend the week not worrying about going anywhere or doing anything, to not have to be at my job and to just spend time with family and friends. We ate great food, had some romantic alone time, and just all around enjoyed being in the nice warm weather (sorry, but it is true!). Coming back up north was a shock to the system and I am not really enjoying being back in reality. Although I meeting up with some fellow bloggers tonight for the first time so I am super excited about that!!
Anyway....here is hoping that 2011 brings all good things!!!