Friday, October 24, 2008

And it begins...

So I just turned 29 and had a great time celebrating with my friends. However there was one thing that was nagging just a little bit...you see my younger sister is getting married and all of my friends are either married or in serious relationships. So I thought to myself, maybe I should start looking for someone too. So my best friend and I came up with "Operation 3.0" I don't think I need to explain, but I will. I will go on dates and try to meet someone by the time I am 30. How am I going to do all of this you ask? Well, I signed up for match.com (that whole 6 months free thing was just calling to me) and I also let all my friends know I am available to meet whoever they think would be a good match. So my friend and I set up my account and I have my first date this weekend.
I won't lie, I am not really looking forward to it. The guy (we'll call him "A") was kind of pushy on the phone. But I made a promise to give everyone a chance, and so I will. However, there was no rule about not blogging about it. I thought I would create this blog as a fun way to keep track of all the dates (or just the one, who knows?) and tell the funny mishaps, successes, or failures that happen along the way to the big 3-0!!

So wish me luck this weekend because here we go....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha I can't wait to read about your date with "A". Hopefully he will "push" all pushiness aside and be a gentleman!