Wednesday, October 13, 2010

AMAZING!

I keep falling more and more for M the more time I spend with him and this past weekend was no exception. We met on Thursday night and headed down to the Bowery Ballroom for a Fountains of Wayne concert I had gotten tickets for a while ago. I love that band and I was so happy to introduce M to them (he said he really liked it). It was a great show in a very cool venue I had never been to before. I still didn't get called up onto the stage for "Hey Julie" but I will keep going to concerts until I do! M told me I should and I won't lie, I fell for him a bit more that night.
On Friday M and I made our way down to South Street Seaport to wait in line for TKTS. The line is so much shorter than Times Square and offers all of the same shows, so why not take a trip downtown? It was a beautiful day, so we walked around a bit before heading to our next stop (and M's choice) Eataly. Now, I had not really heard too much about this place (other than my dad mentioning something about it and now he is super jealous). It is an Italian food market/hall that opened with some of the most delicious looking foods I have ever seen! You can buy everything you need there to prepare a truly gourmet meal. M and I walked around a bit (and funnily enough even ran into my old roomie and her family!) and then decided we had to eat. There are different seating options and we chose the pasta/pizza area. I am so glad we did! We ordered a glass of white wine each and the tore into the bread and olive oil that we were served. Honestly? I would bathe in this olive oil, it was that good! We then shared a roasted pumpkin and butternut squash lasagna (OMG...no words!) and a margarita pizza with fresh tomato sauce (also, amazing). And of course since we were in Eataly, we finished off our day there with some fresh gelato! I won't lie, the place is crowded, but totally worth it!
After our amazing lunch, we headed back up to my place to make a quick change and have some playtime with Poppy before we headed out to see "Billy Elliot." Now, I have waited so long to see that show, and M didn't really have a preference on what to see, so off we went. Let me just say that I loved it!! I loved it sooo much! I was a huge theater person all through high school and college, so I always feel a little sad seeing shows knowing it isn't my world anymore, but when a show is great, it makes me so happy and this show is great! I know M had a great time, he said he liked the show alot, but what he really liked was watching how much I enjoyed it. Yup, falling again for M.
Saturday was the day of the wedding so we walked Poppy, started to get ready and headed out to CT. I was so excited for M to meet my friends! We had a great ride in the car, singing to songs and just talking the whole way. We got to my friend's hotel room where we were changing and it felt like everyone just got along smoothly, like we were all old friends. I was laughing so hard I was starting to cry, but there wasn't time for that! We had to get to the church!
What a lovely wedding! Everything about it was just so perfect for my beautiful friend Crusher! She made a gorgeous bride, and the smile on her face was contagious! The wedding was full of fall colors and sunflowers, and it was just a beautiful moment that I was very happy to be a part of. After the ceremony we had a bit of a drive to the reception location. We caravaned over to Bear Mountain and checked into our lodge. M and I were put in a room at the back of the lodge (there were six rooms total) and it was the only room that smelled like smoke. Oh well, we made the best of it (although we noticed our bathroom was super tiny and the red light from the exit sign in our room made it difficult to sleep). The reception was so much fun! We danced and ate and drank and I think everyone had an all around great time! We hung out at the after party and then everyone had it and went to bed (or in M and my case, we went back to the Red Light District).
The next morning we woke up and headed to the brunch (or hiked rather). After which we all headed our separate ways home. It was such a wonderful wedding and I can't wait to see my friends again! I know they loved M and he really had fun with them too.
Once we were home, M said he would stay for a bit before heading on his way. We went out to grab some lunch and wound up sitting there for over three hours. We just talked alot about where this is going and how much we are enjoying being with each other. The whole time we are talking my heart is telling me how much I care about him, but I just can't bring myself to tell him the big L word. I know it seems like it is fast, but when you know, you know. Right? We walked back to my place and M said he was just going to stay and head into work from my place so we could keep talking about everything. It was possibly one of the best nights we have had together, we just stayed up talking, there was no cookie, no kissy face, just talking about how we feel, about what we want, and how much we want to be together. We fell asleep and in the morning he cuddled with me a bit before he had to leave to work. And I fell for him some more.
We have plans to go away again this weekend and I cannot wait to see him again and spend more and more time with him. My friend Z (at the wedding) told me I'm done, maybe I am....

7 comments:

MCW said...

This just put such a smile on my face. I love it...

Dee Stephens said...

Yes, so happy for you :) I'm just now catching up from our trip!

Sister of Accomplice said...

smile...smile...smile....smile....

Cinderita said...

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh! I totally have goosebumps! YAY YOU! YAYYAYAYAYAYAAYAYAYAYAYAAY!!!!

The Frisky Virgin said...

Awwwwwwww--big time!!!!!! You're falling for M!!!! This is so wonderful and romantic!!! Can't wait to read more!!!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget to hang out with your friends and even just yourself sometimes still. It is all peachy keen to be in love but don't sacrafice your other life for it. 24/7 is a bit much to set as a precedent.

Crusher said...

You know the whole Crusher clan is totally excited for you. M seems like a great guy and gets major points for making you so happy! I think you were glowing just as much as I was this weekend - I'm so glad for you!!!!!!!!