Now, I am not saying I look up to her or anything like that. But I will admit, given that she is 39 and all this happened to her, I don't' feel as much pressure. I was talking to someone earlier today about how I feel like I am constantly trying and working towards things which I can never seem to grasp. She looked at me and said, "you're only 30! You have sooo much time to accomplish so much!" Maybe she is right. Even though 31 is coming at me like a freight train, I have time to accomplish things (#1 being a new job, I know that you thought I would say meet someone didn't you!). I will continue to try to make things happen, I'm not just going to sit back and wait for them to happen to me. But if things don't work out, I will not let it get me down. I have plenty of time!
I also just want to leave you on a funny Housewives note...so here is a list I found on Yahoo that I think sums up the season pretty well.
20 Things we Learned from The Real Housewives of New York City
Now that the three part Real Housewives of New York reunion smackdown is done, we'd like to take this time to reflect on the lessons learned — for they were many. As for how many are actually useful, well, good luck with that.
1. Hate is part of the ecosystem on Kelly Bensimon's planet. (Yes, she really did say that, I had to make sure I heard right)
2. Systematic bullying is never OK. Nor are incoherent YouTube videos. (And what is Systematic Bullying, it doesn't even exist! She is crazy!)
3. Gummi Bears are narcotics.
4. But they aren't a processed food. Again, on Kelly's planet.
5. Ramona Singer is "a little bit" psychic. (That made me laugh)
6. Sonja Morgan is made of awesome. (Yes, she is!)
7. Women in their 80s shouldn't wear ice-skating outfits.
8. Or crash island getaways.
9. Brooklyn has a Fashion Weekend.
10. A chef is a cook.
11. Gotham magazine will hire anyone.
12. Making lemonade out of lemons is hard.
13. Alex McCord is a better woman when Simon is off-camera.
14. Bethenny Frankel has no poker face. (Neither do I according to my accomplice! Oh, Bethenny, we would make great friends!)
15. Andy Cohen has the patience of a saint and the skills of a lion tamer. (And I really want to meet him, anyone know how?)
16. A monogrammed gift bag is a sure sign that someone is trying to kill you.
17. "Yeah, that's what I'm talking about," is music-producer speak for "we'll just Auto-Tune away that soul-killing sound that keeps coming out of your face."
18. Posing nude is a good way to teach your children...something. Possibly shame.
19. Jennifer Gilbert is either too sane or too dull to be a real Real housewife.
20. Money can't buy you class.
Okay, I promise that will be my last re-posting of lists I find online. I am going to get back to blogging about me. I just had to share!