Friday, June 25, 2010

The Age Gap

I signed onto my Jdate account today to see if I could find any fun matches before my mom comes into town this weekend. I love you mom, but I know Jdating with you is going to be like a trip to Dr. Rosen (dentist)! Anyway, I clicked on the matches tab and started to look around when I noticed a tab I had not seen before (probably cause I wasn't looking too closely). Anyway, it said "Who's Searching for You?" Yes please! I will just click on this tab and see who has been looking for a fabulous girl like me. Basically, things I put in my profile match the things these men are looking for. I don't think it could be any more simple!
Of course I was wrong. Just because I fit what these men were looking for didn't mean it worked the other way. Out of one page of these "matches" only three or so (averaging) would be in my age range. Most of them were in their early 20's (looking for a cougar, which I don't classify myself as, I'm only 30 geez!) or in their mid to late 50's (which is right about my mom's age so that is just not okay). That is really quite the age gap! Not too many 30-40 year olds looking for this LMG. Oh well. Now, I am not giving up, my goal for today to is to find five of these men who have been searching for me and let them know their search is over!

2 comments:

DYAP said...

Good girl! Contact them and see what happens! LOVE YOU!

The Frisky Virgin said...

Whether online or not, it seems the dating pool is very narrow for the early 30-somethings. I try not to think about it. :)