Tuesday, July 13, 2010

!

So I was away for the past two weeks with my family in Saratoga Springs, NY. If you have not been there, you should! I love getting out of the city for a while and just getting the chance to relax. However, when I have my Jewish mother and littlest sister there to Jdate with me, relaxing wasn't really on the agenda. They decided to become my new accomplices for one night and took it upon themselves to Jdate for me.

So one night we sat on the computer while they looked up possible future son-in laws (right mom?). My sister picked someone she though would be good and sent him an e-mail as myself. It took her the better part of an hour to come up with a one line gem about food that was actually very cute and did get a response! Although once she was done she decided to look for people for herself as she deemed the whole online thing too difficult (thanks, that's what I have been trying to say). Okay, so back to the e-mail...as I said it was cute and I am sure got this guy's attention, so he responded. I showed my mom and sister and they told me I had to respond right away with my phone number. So I did, and here is what I wrote:

Sounds good. Give me a call sometime xxx-xxx-xxxx
LMG

Well, that caused all sorts of issues as my little sister went off on me about not using a smiley face or exclamation point! She told me I basically suck at this and no wonder he hadn't called a few days later. Well, guess who gets the last laugh here? ME! He called while I was out last night and I am going to call him back tonight. So no exclamation point needed.



In other bloggy news, Poppy turned one! How cute! (many exclamation points!!!)

3 comments:

MCW said...

Very impressed that he called after only one exchange! Your sister wanted you to use smiley faces???

sada said...

Maybe it's different outside of New York, and while I'm not necessarily in love with emoticons, the well-placed smiley face or exclamation point can indicate excitement or interest. Maybe we're just more excited about things out west.

Dee Stephens said...

I'm with sada as well. Excitement!
Let us know how it goes!