Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tu B'Av

Today is Tu B'Av, a minor holiday on the Jewish calender that is considered to be a Valentine's Day of sorts. It is a lucky day to get married, engaged, go on a date, or possibly meet your besheret (your soul mate). Last night I went to a white party for Tu B'Av. I dressed in a cute skirt and of course white top and headed down to Riverside Park with my friend E ready to meet someone, and of course get my free cocktail! The line to get in was long (as was the line at the bar), but it looked promising that there were so many people in attendance. I was excited! So with my Irish poured vodka tonic I was ready to work the room, well the park.
E and I ran into a few people we knew and chatted around. I was being very outgoing and even walked up to total strangers (men of course) to start a conversation. For the most part everyone was really nice, but I don't think I met my besheret. However, there was one stand out that I have to mention. While E and I were talking to a group of people I noticed a guy standing alone right next to me. I thought I would be polite and ask how his evening was going and start to chat a bit. I won't lie, I had noticed him earlier in the night and was hoping to talk to him, so here was my big chance! Here was our conversation in a shortened version:
LMG: How is your night going?
GSG (Green Shirt Guy): Okay, not seeing anything I like.
LMG: (trying hard to be nice) What do you mean?
GSG: Well, I come to alot of these things and its always the same girls.
LMG: (trying harder to be nice) Well, I have never been to one of these things before. So I am just hoping to have a fun night
GSG: Yeah, well, I think I am just going to have to find a matchmaker, because I know what I want. 5ft7in, slender, smart, sexy....
LMG: (trying soooo soooo hard to remain calm) Yeah, well, maybe you should find one. Good luck and enjoy the rest of your night. (Douchebag!....said only to myself of course)
So, that just goes to show that someone who may look good on the outside can be a total jerk! I understand that you may not think I am a match for you, but to be so insulting about all the women there in front of me was just beyond! Needless to say I moved on and left shortly after that. But the night wasn't a total loss, I did get cat calls from every garbage truck diver on my way home! Thanks Tu B'Av!

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

WOW! DBag indeed! Your stories get better and better about some of these guys who think they're God's gift to women. As I watched BRAVO last night I thought of you. GEEZers.. it took Bethenny forever to find a guy in NYC too! Then..poof..one night in a club ;) Keep searching!

The Frisky Virgin said...

Yeah, he is the definition of Dbag. Unreal. I'm just marveling over the fact that you have to deal with two Valentine's Days! How do you do handle two? I can barely handle one! :)

The Doctor said...

Hee hee, he was a much bigger D-bag in real life, you should have posted more of what he said to you. But I'm so glad you came out with me, it was so fun, and yay for cat calls and Irish bartenders!!

MCW said...

OMG. I would have punched him. Or at least said a rude comment...I am not sure how you held it in.