Thursday, August 20, 2009

Summer Memories

Thanks to a my fellow blogger over at Saving the Best for Last for tagging me in this fun little game! I agree it does help with Blogger's Block, since I don't have much to blog about at the moment. So here goes:


Favorite Summer Movie: So I don't really have a favorite since I can watch movies over and over. But one that has been playing on TV alot recently is "Overboard" with Golie Hawn and Kurt Russel. I never get tired of that movie!


Favorite Summer Cocktail: So my accomplice had this drink at her bridal shower and we called them blushing brides, I think they have another name, I just can't think of it. Basically it is a cocktail made with ruby red vodka, orange juice, a splash of cranberry juice and a champagne floater. Delish! And if you have champagne taste on a beer budget (me) you can just put a splash of ginger ale, its really about the bubbles!

Favorite Summer Song: I don't think I have one, I am not the biggest music person. But I would have to say, just listening to a mix of 80's songs usually makes me happy. So I guess that would be it.
Favorite Summer Meal: I would have to say that I really do love a cookout. Something about a hamburger on the grill just makes me think of summer! Even better if there is some cole slaw, baked beans, corn, and a nice cold beer (Sam's Summer Ale of course!)

Favorite Summer Outfit: I too am not a fan of shorts, but I mean the short short ones. I am a fan of the new Bermudas that have become popular. I do like to wear dresses too in the summer, but I don't like to have my thighs touching, so its really a run off between the two items!

Favorite Summer Reading: Pink Books! You know those books that sit at the front of Barnes and Noble that all have pink covers or a girly picture (shoes) and are about a girl in London (usually) who loses her job and through some quirky maneuvering finds a new calling and meets the love of her life by the end! I know it is a bit embarrassing, but I love them and I can usually get through two or three each week when I have vacation time, so its a guilty summer pleasure!


Favorite Summer Moment(s): I know my accomplice will be shocked by this...but I actually love going out on the boat with her and to the beach. For some reason it really means that it is summer to me. Even though i hat being hot and turn into a lobster after 2.5 seconds, I always have fun! Thank goodness we found those cheap umbrellas at CVS! Of course I also love heading to Saratoga Springs for the races in the summer (although it's better in the fall when I have the house to myself!). Besides that, my favorite summer memories growing up would be going to visit my grandparents in the Cayman Islands (I know, weird that there seems to be a beach theme!). My Saba and Savta are really just such special people and getting to spend the summers with them was always a treat (not to mention tasty...Savta muffins yum!).
So, I guess that's that. I would love to hear some of your answers too, so let me know what your Summer Memories are! And enjoy the rest of your summer!

2 comments:

MCW said...

Overboard is a good one!
Glad you played along!

Sister of Accomplice said...

Just catching up on the posts--fyi--cheap CVS umbrellas are broken and have been put in the dumpster. Red headed sister of accomplice is actively on the hunt for some clearance umbrellas (accomplice and I call them Nancy umbrellas-another story for another time) and will purchase them when she finds them for her fair skinned friends such as Miss Sarah and yourself. XXOO and see you this weekend!