Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Randoms

I didn't have anything in particular to share today, so I just thought I would put together a list of random things.
  • I got to work at 9:01 this morning and it took all my strength not to put a note on my boss's desk saying "LMG 9:01, Good Morning"
  • I went to use the restroom at work today and was greeted by perhaps the biggest roach I have ever seen! And I am from Miami, we have roaches! It was huge, so I screamed and ran out and then used the men's room cause yes, I am a wuss. (I will also be adding this to the reasons I hate my job)
  • Some of my fellow bloggers have mentioned the passing of Bumpkin. I didn't know her or read her blog, but this is a community and a loss is felt throughout. I am sure she is feeling the outpouring of love from so many.
  • I feel like an awful friend because I can't go to my accomplice's birthday party tomorrow night. She lives in Boston and it is just a logistical kerfuffle. Hopefully we will be able to have a do-over!
  • My littlest sister is moving to Milan to study abroad at the end of the month, she gets on my nerves more than I can say, but I am going to miss her and can't wait to hear all about her adventures!
  • I have not heard from M and I am not really sweating it. I'll still be e-mailing other people on Jdate and they are having a happy hour in a few weeks I am going to go to.
  • Not hearing from M makes me wonder if the fact that I told people how great everything was (people like my mom, my sisters, friends) and it was only two dates put a jinx on the whole thing. Yes, I'll admit I can be a little superstitious (some may say crazy).

Okay, I think that pretty much covers my thoughts for the day (well, as far into the day as I am at the moment).

3 comments:

MCW said...

I always think that about jinx's. But honestly, if they like you they like you and it doesn't matter who you tell! It makes it easier to blame it on a jinx :)

However, don't stress over M. He is on business, just wait for him to contact you and keep living your life!

MCW said...

And thanks for mentioning Bumpkin. She was amazing...

Dee Stephens said...

Bumpkin was great. I used to think about jinxs too.