Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Thought....

So I heard from M over text a few times during the week and while there was talk of getting together again, when I asked what his schedule looked like I never heard back. Now, it is fine if I don't see him again. It was only one date and I am not in love or anything like that. It is just that I hate the whole "I'm going to disappear now" thing. That is was what happened with F last summer and its happened to me before with another guy I was seeing when I first moved to NYC. We had seen each other for a while and I was going out of town for a holiday. He told em to call when I got back and when I did I never heard from him again.

What is that about? If you don't want to see me again (especially if we have a relationship) have the guts to say so. As for M and the one date thing, is it possible I was the only one who had such a great time? I don't really think so (I was talking to someone today who said it just can't be the one person on a date has a great time and the other doesn't). It is so rare (for me you know it is true!!) to have a first date go well enough that I really want to see the person again! So yes, I am a little disappointed in the whole thing. Especially given his prompting of going out again. Just another thing I can say I don't understand about dating, about men, about this whole thing!

I am trying to remain positive about the whole "operation" (OMG, a little over a month till I am 31 and it's "operation 3.2" here we come!). I have a date tonight with J which hopefully will be fun as we are having Ethiopian food (ie: no utensils)! I have not been active in e-mailing new people of Jdate and the whole matchmaker thing looks like a bust (I don't think I have gotten a new match in a week!). But I know there is something good coming for me (maybe not with this, but something!!).

3 comments:

MCW said...

It does suck when that happens, but it does. There is nothing we can do an there is no reason to get upset about it...it does nothing at all but keep us in bad moods!

Dee Stephens said...

It totally sucks! I have had that happen numerous times and I still can't figure it out??
The same time.. I've gotten the 'ick' with guys and haven't returned their calls? bad me..I was a chicken :(

mk said...

I think the disappearing thing is the one thing about dating that puzzles me the most. Has happened to me so many times! Do you feel like it is a New York thing? Or maybe it is more prevalent and pronounced here than elsewhere?